We collect personal information from you to provide the highest standard of services and products to you and to carry out our business. We only collect personal information (information that identifies or could reasonably identify an individual) where we consider it to be reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
This policy outlines how and why we collect information from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might disclose information to other people.
We collect personal information about you directly when you use our websites, applications and devices, complete Get Lost Travel Vans booking forms, enter Get Lost Travel Vans promotions, sign up for a booking on our websites, provide us with information directly at one of our branches or offices, if you complete a claim form following an accident, when you call us or when we make any calls to you (both of which may be recorded).
We also collect information about you when you: buy or use our products and services (such as vehicle bookings and vehicle usage); use our website or access our booking forms; and when you comment or review our products or services on social media or review websites. This information is gathered using various technologies such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons, navigational data collection (log files, server logs and clickstream data) or tracking technology. We may also look at where our vehicle and/or our devices are from time to time during your hire.
The types of information we collect include: your name, gender, date of birth, age, address, contact number(s), email address, occupation, previous booking information, credit card details (these are handled in compliance with PCI DSS 3.0 standards and are encrypted and securely stored) driver’s license, auto insurance information, social security number, location and your individual preferences.
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities.
In some circumstances we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, travel agents, social media, review websites or marketing agencies and public sources.
If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, we may not be able to provide you with the services and/or product you request or a booking will be refused or forfeited.
We hold and use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Processing bookings, application forms and any online or phone transactions you make;
- Billing you;
- Collecting any debts you may owe us by us (we may also pass your details on to a third party debt collection agency);
- Providing and assisting you with products or services you request or other issues relating to the products or services;
- Offering you rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions;
- Providing provide survey requests and to obtain feedback in respect of our products and services;
- Providing you with information on new Get Lost Travel Vans products and services and/or products and services of carefully selected third parties we think you might like;
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues;
- Sharing information with other entities including rental vehicle providers in the same or similar industries and/or governmental agencies if we believe that it is in the interests of protecting public safety;
- Complying with legal, governmental or regulatory agencies’ requests in connection with the regulation or operation of our business, and in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention or detection, or prosecution;
- Processing any damage or excess reduction claims, insurance claims, fines, tolls or penalties in relation to your use of our products or services;
- Transferring any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name;
- Training our staff, monitoring and improving our products, services, websites, applications and devices and, and maintaining our systems; and
- Any other purpose directly related to the operation of our business and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
You agree that we and our agents may send you marketing messages, electronic or otherwise, about (amongst other things) our rewards, special offers, competitions and other promotions, and those of our agents or third parties which we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from us and our agents at any time through options provided on each marketing communications and messages. If you have any problems unsubscribing please contact info@GetLostTravelVans.com.
You agree that we may disclose your information to our related entities, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the purposes set out in the policy above or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the information is collected.
Sometimes we may disclose your information to third parties. These third parties may include:
- Other people named in your booking;
- Contracted service providers whose products and services support our services or our products, including information technology service providers (including “cloud” providers or other types of networked or electronic storage), insurance providers, debt collection providers, fines and toll processing agents, third party organizations for market research or analysis agencies and marketing and communications agencies;
- Our dealers and agents, contractors and advisers;
- When we make bookings on your behalf for third party products or services;
- When we have to transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name;
- Other operators including airport authorities as required to provide and/or support the products and services we provide to you;
- If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that entity or person;
- Other entities in the same or similar industries including rental vehicle providers and/or governmental agencies if we believe that it is in the interests of protecting public safety;
- Where the law requires or authorizes us to do so;
- Our advertisers, customers, potential customers, associates and airport authorities with whom we may share aggregated information such as user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you.
If we transfer your personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect the personal information we transfer. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us transferring, storing and processing your personal information to countries worldwide.
We do not provide, rent, sell or exchange your personal information to other third parties without your prior approval.
To maintain and improve the services we provide to you, we monitor and record calls you make to us or we make you.
Like many websites and applications, we use web analytics services, for example Google Analytics. These services use “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer or device or our device, to help us analyze how you use our sites, applications or vehicle. This information generated by the cookie about your use of our websites or applications (including your IP address and MAC IDs) will be transmitted to and stored on servers belonging to the companies providing the analytic services. These companies will use this information to evaluate your use of our websites, applications, devices and vehicles, and to compile reports for Get Lost Travel Vans on the sites’/applications/devices/vehicle’s activity. They may also transfer this information to their agents or where required to do so by law. By using our website, applications and/or devices you consent to the processing of data about you as set out above.
We store information in different ways, including paper and electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure including: confidentiality requirements of staff; security measures for access to our systems including firewalls and secure password protected databases for storage; servers kept at a secure location with limited access and document storage security requirements.
We cannot guarantee that personal information will be protected against unauthorized access or misuse and we do not accept any liability for the improper actions of third parties.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill our obligations to you, to protect our legal interests, to comply with a law or as otherwise stated to you when we collected your personal information.
Once we are no longer required to retain your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or to ensure that your personal information is de-identified.
You can access personal information that we hold about you by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may ask us to correct the information.
If you consent to receiving emails or other communications from us, but later change your mind, just let us know and we will take you off our list.
Change in Policy
Our privacy officer can be contacted at: email@example.com or
PO Box 110155, Anchorage, AK 99511 or